Minnetonka Christian Academy is part of the Seventh-day Adventist school system. The North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists operates over 1,000 K-12 schools and 15 universities.
MCA was established as a church school in 1888 in Minneapolis and in 1969 moved to its present location across from the Minnetonka city offices. MCA is an accredited institution that provides a high quality values-based, multi-grade classroom environment.
Our mission is to provide a quality, Christ-centered education that teaches students to excel spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
Our vision is that Minnetonka Christian Academy leads students to:
- Know Jesus as their personal friend
- Achieve academic excellence
- Share Jesus through service to others
- Become passionate life-long learners
Minnetonka Christian Academy is operated to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy our school. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to:
- develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew 2:37-39
- master the basic academic skills
- value labor, physical and mental, as the blessing God intended
- cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.